The all in one finance app for self-employed workers
Perfect for freelancers, contractors and sole-traders
Invoice clients on the go
Create & send invoices using your iOS or Android device
Less data entry
Connect your online banking to automatically download transactions
Easy expense & tax tracking
Easily separate your business & personal transactions so you know how you're performing
Quickly complete your self-assessment
Easily create rules to split expenses
Track expenses on the go
Untangle your finances. With just a swipe you can easily log and separate business finance expenses from personal.
"With QuickBooks I love knowing what's happening financially with my business on a day-to-day basis, leaving me in complete control and able to focus on future growth."
Sarah Riley - Inspired Courses and Inspired Camping
Estimate annual taxes
QuickBooks Self-Employed app does the maths for you. By using the app during the year, we complete your HMRC self-assessment form for you so you can easily file your taxes at year end.
"Before QuickBooks I dreaded the accounting side of my business. Now I can get everything done in minutes and spend time doing what I love."
Tammy Courtney - AccountAble Books
Track mileage automatically
If you travel to sell or source your products, our mileage tracker makes it easy to deduct that as a business expense.
"I wouldn't hesitate to recommend new business startups similar to myself to use QuickBooks Self-Employed!"
David Thompson - Sketch Creative
Snap & store receipts on the go
A quick pic is all it takes to keep every receipt at your fingertips so you don't have to worry about losing them.
"I like that you can attach receipts. It takes the guessing out of taxes if you keep track with expenses."
QuickBooks Self-Employed - Google Play Review
All features, one simple price
It will allow you to...
- Create & send invoices on the go
- Track income & expenses
- Tax estimates calculated for you
- HMRC self-assessment forms completed for easy filing
- Separate business from personal expenses
- Track deductible mileage
- Benefit from bank-grade security
Are you a limited company, VAT registered or CIS registered contractor?Try QuickBooks Online for Small Businesses
Frequently asked questions
How does QuickBooks Self Employed work?
QuickBooks Self Employed helps you capture and match receipts, send invoices, automatically track mileage, prepare your taxes, and categorise expenses. You can also update a tax return (or SA103), giving you real time insight into how much tax you owe.
Is QuickBooks Self Employed right for me?
QuickBooks Self-Employed has been designed for freelancers, contractors and sole traders. If you require support managing VAT and payroll, or you?re a limited company, take a look at QuickBooks Online.
Is the QuickBooks Self-Employed App free to download?
Yes. The app comes as part of your subscription. Ideal for when you?re on the move, now you can capture receipts from your smartphone, categorise your expenses and get paid faster with the ability to send invoices, all in one handy app!
If you select the Free Trial option the first thirty (30) days subscription to QuickBooks, starting from the date of enrollment, is free. To continue using QuickBooks after your 30-day trial, you'll be asked to present a valid credit card for authorization, and you'll be charged the then current fee for the service(s) you've selected. All prices shown exclude VAT. Offer(s) are valid for new QuickBooks customers only and available for a limited time. Offer cannot be combined with any other QuickBooks Online offers. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, service and support are subject to change without notice.
* Receive a 50% discount off the current monthly subscription price for QuickBooks Self-Employed and pay only £2.99 per month for the first 6 months of service starting from the date you subscribe for the service. In order to obtain the discount you need to select the Buy Now option and will not receive the free 30 days trial offer. After the first 6 months, your account will be charged on a monthly basis at the then current price until you cancel. The above discount offer is available only to new QuickBooks Self-Employed customers and cannot be combined with any other QuickBooks Online offers.
1. Based on an October 2016 survey of active Quickbooks Self Employed subscribers who offered an opinion about how much time Quickbooks Self Employed saves them related to managing their finances.
2. Based on number of paying customers and accountants worldwide, June 2016.